Friday, May 16, 2014

This week, my class was assigned to write about what role I want Israel to play in my life when I go home. Wow. Just the thought of going home is hard right now, and imagining not being in Israel is tough. In reality though, I will soon be in Milwaukee, and Israel will remain right here. So how can I bring my own piece of Israel home to Wisconsin? After struggling with this question for a while, I realized that every little way this experience has changed me will be me bringing Israel home.

More tangibly, however, I want to bring Israeli culture and lifestyle into my everyday life at home. Next year I plan on taking Hebrew classes at my high school, which is a major step in bringing Israeli culture home. My goal is to someday be fluent in Hebrew, but that's a ways off. I also plan on keeping updated in Israeli current events, not only through security, but also in culture and everyday Israeli happenings. I want to be educated in what is happening in Israel so I can answer any question I am asked. Bringing back these cultural influences of Israel will help me stay connected until I can next return to Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment