Friday, May 2, 2014

A few days ago we joined members of the URJ Board to see a Kobe Oz concert in Jerusalem. I was a little excited for the concert, but I didn't think it would be anything special. But now I have to give backstory: a few years ago, my dad had this album of Israeli music that he played over and over. I really liked the music, and my family listened to it all the time when we were in the car. Ever since we began to listen to Israeli music in Jewish History class, I've been wondering if I'll hear one of the songs from this album that I would recognize. The only song I had a distinct memory of was a song in which the singer used a recording of his grandfather at the beginning. Now back to the present. We got to the concert, and Kobe Oz came on. Immediately when he began to play, I had flashbacks to the music in the car with my dad. I had finally found who it was, and even more, I was seeing it live. Needless to say, I was pretty excited. From that moment on, I recognized almost every song he played, including the one with his grandfather. It was super cool to make the connection between my family and my time in Israel too. After the concert, I actually found out that my parents had seen Kobe Oz live when they were in Israel a few years ago, which was when my dad got his music. Anyway, the concert was great, as were the connections I made with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment