Friday, April 25, 2014

For my next blog post, I am writing about one experience I have had with Israeli culture. For class, I recently read a short story by Etgar Keret titled "The Son of the Head of the Mossad." Keret's writing, even translated from Hebrew to English, is still impressive and well-worded. Most of his stories are a combination of dark humor, creepy things, and funny situations. I won't go into the details of this particular story, but I can say that it was especially dark.

In class we have mentioned that Israeli humor would be considered dark humor to outsiders, which I happen to love. The dark humor employed by Keret in his stories is especially dark sometimes, and the stories give a new view of Israeli society. I really liked the few stories I read, and I look forward to reading more of Keret's writing and to gaining a new perspective on Israeli life.

No comments:

Post a Comment